BMO data import in progress

I got sick early last week, which took the wind out of my sails. I ended up being not nearly as productive as I had hoped. Writing and practicing my presentation to the REIS group also took up some time.

The demo client is well underway, and should be ready to fetch data in the next day or so. After that, I need to write a client to input data from OSCAR, now that Philip has it producing simulated Oahu power grid output. Then I need to design and implement the Power and Carbon resources so the ICS 613 students can work on their projects.

Big news in the DIY smart grid today, as Google announced that the TED 5000 is the first non-utility device supported by Google PowerMeter. Woot!

Plans from last week:

  • Clean up loose ends with visualization API
    • done, found out I was using a reserved word for one of my column index names. Doh!
  • Write WattDepot client for Building Manager Online
    • in progress, lots of refactoring from tabular data input client
  • Embed timeline gadget in web page
    • done, now just need to have some dynamic data in there

Other accomplishments from last week:

  • Presented our Smart Consumer work to the REIS group
  • Prepared some Saunders meter data for Dave Nixon

Pointers to work products:

Plans for this week:

  • Finish WattDepot client for Building Manager Online
  • Implement input client for OSCAR data
  • Write API for Power resource
  • Write API for Carbon resource
  • Start implementing Power resource

Cool links:

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s