After discussion with Philip, decided to prioritize the Google Visualization data source work over performance testing. WattDepot now provides a data source for the Google Visualization API that allows plotting multiple types of data on the same graph, and expanding virtual sources into their component subsources. I have written a wiki page about using WattDepot’s Google Visualization data source.
Plans from last week:
- Test performance of Derby implementation
- deferred for now
- Make GVisualizationServlet work with virtual sources
- Review grant proposal?
- not done, working on it this week
- Close some more WattDepot open issues
- closed some issues, but opened more new ones
Other accomplishments from last week:
- Registered for Spring 2010 classes
- Tracked down CSDL’s copy of Snow Leopard Server from UHM Bookstore
- Pushed out new WattDepot release and notified 413/613 students of visualization availability
- Watched some crazy big-wave surfing in Waimea Bay without getting sunburned
Pointers to work products:
Plans for this week:
- Review NSF proposal
- Plan script for 10 minute screencast
- Close some additional WattDepot issues
- Google Goggles is an Android application that lets you take pictures of objects (only some are recognized) and does a search for relevant information. Will do OCR on text found if it doesn’t know about that type of object.