I got this recipe from a co-worker at LavaNet a few years ago (Hi Tim!). It makes a lot of cups, and has proven to be a crowd-pleaser. Mahalo to Yuka for transcribing the original version from a printed fax to electrons. Enjoy.
Makes 36 cups
- 1 box of cook and serve chocolate pudding (5.9 oz box)
- milk for pudding
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- 2 packages of cream cheese at room temperature (8 oz each)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Cool Whip/whipped cream (optional)
- 3 muffin tins (if you have less than 3, then you will have to bake in batches)
- 36 paper muffin cups
- Mixer (hand or stand)
- Mixing bowl
- Cream together sugar and cream cheese in bowl with mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Line muffin tins with muffin cups.
- Place 1 Oreo cookie at the bottom of each cup. You can put a whole cookie in each cup, or twist them apart and put half a cookie in each. If you have less than 36 Oreos (but more than 18), splitting the Oreos is a good way avoid buying another package.
- Spoon one heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into each cup on top of the cookie.
- Bake at 350° F for about 10-12 minutes, or slightly golden brown.
- In the meantime, make the chocolate pudding as directed on package.
- Take the muffin tins out of the oven, and let them cool at room temperature.
- Also allow the chocolate pudding to cool slightly.
- Spoon the chocolate pudding onto each cup.
- If using chocolate chips or Cool Whip, add them now. If using whipped cream, add just before serving.
- Refrigerate until set.